Expertise & Services
A quick and effective tool used to calculate the actual space required by an organisation in order to operate effectively.
Blocking and stacking is an effective process in which we determine how an organisation may utilise a particular space - where certain departments and ancillary areas may be placed in relation to one another. This assists in the evaluation of the suitability of one building against another.
3-Dimensional computer imaging:
Today as a matter of course we are able to offer our clients upfront the opportunity to view an area, or `areas’ of the proposed fit-out with photo realistic quality. Taking this a step further, we can animate a `walk through’ of a building and/or area to really bring the concept to life. Both these options allow greater understanding all-round of the look and feel and what we the designers are proposing.
A generic spreadsheet that contains all the latest construction, furniture and decorating rates. This can be applied to any building to produce an estimate of what it will cost to fit out and/or refurbish a particular space. When this is used in conjunction with the space calculation document it enables an organisation to compare buildings in a holistic manner, taking into account both the lease costs as well as the potential fit out expenditure.
A detailed floor plan indicating the actual position and size of the furniture and fittings, whether new or existing, positioned and grouped by department or area. This gives a comprehensive “snap shot” of
how the space will then be utilised.
Final specifications, detailing and finishes boards. A complete set of drawings used by the costing and construction teams to interpret the overall requirements in terms of look and feel, as well as the detail
of how everything will be implemented. Incorporating:
- Ergonomics and flow.
- Ecologically sound or sustainable “green” design and Specification.
- Latest trends in material sourcing.
- Technology requirements.
- Furniture requirements and special needs.
Costing and procurement:
Turnkey Interiors extensive industry experience and contacts gives us the ability to secure and utilise the latest products available in the world markets. This ensures that at all times the correct products and materials are used, keeping in line with set budgets and global trends while suggesting new ways of working, as well as compiling a fully comprehensive breakdown on each and every item required to complete a project. Our in-house 1000m2 joinery facility allows us to custom make furniture solutions that meet most budget constraints and lead time challenges, with our own decorating and construction teams, enabling us to allocate resources efficiently and control the final quality.
Managing supplier and contractor payments from project inception to the final draw.
Project and on-site management is crucial to a successful, timeous, quality, clean and hassle free delivery. Understanding of the typical time constraints involved in fit-outs, as well as the specific health and safety rules and regulations, landlord and/or centre management restrictions. Monitoring and co-ordinating supplier and contractor attendance and ensuring site specific time frames and quality in the deliverables, are adhered to. Final snagging and ultimate hand-over.
Retail work (methodology):
- Conceptual design, planning and implementation.
- Working closely with clients on new store design or refurbishments of existing sites from concept through to completion. This includes the generation of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional (photorealistic) views of the space. Detailing all the required services in order to effectively cost and prepare budgets for client use, centre management approval, and construction use. Research and develop new ways of working in line with each client’s specific product display and storage requirements.
Retail considerations often include the followings tasks:
- Matching of existing or new design specifications both for local and international clients.
- Making recommendations on product choice and trends.
- Sustainable and suitable material choices. Ability to supply detailed lighting and merchandising solutions/recommendations.
- Adhering to tight deadlines and planning in advance on longer lead items.
- In-house shop fitting facility, offering greater control.
- More intense management of the site (centre management, limited access, workable hours, fasttracking).
Previous clients include:
Europcar South Africa
• OR Tambo International Airport (JHB)
• King Shaka International Airport (DBN)
• Cape Town International Airport
• Sandton Eye
Bryanston jewellers – Bryanston Shopping Centre
NAF NAF – ladies fashion outlet – Eastgate Shopping Centre
Starbucks coffee kiosks – Montecasino
Insense Home Décor – Centurion Mall
Bearing Man national sales center up-grade – Various branches
Legacy cigar bar – Legacy Hotel – Sandton City Shopping Centre
Pam Golding – Various branches in Gauteng
Molton Brown – Stuttafords – Sandton City Shopping Centre
Adidas – Head Office, Showroom
Supercall Cellular – Hyde Park Corner
Autopage cellular – Vodaworld Midrand
Telkom – 8.Ta – National rollout of concept stores
Honda SA – National dealer rollout
Adams Discount Home Store
Kids Planet – Concept
La espanol – Concept
Leapfrog – Colony Shopping Centre
Turnkey Interiors has to-date successfully implemented a number of African projects, ranging from smaller custom furniture exports to full concept design, planning and on-site project installations.
This is an area that the company is planning to expand and as such has set up a dedicated company - Turnkey International Design Holdings. Experience has enabled the company to better position its
services for the export market, and given it an understanding of the various constraints and limitations involved in finding solutions to problems in adverse/remote environments.
Manufacturing and sourcing of all the required products and materials necessary to complete each project in full. Co-ordinating and managing all of the associated tasks involved throughout the project
life cycle to completion. License to import/export.
Recent and current projects:
Kira Road private residence - Kampala, Uganda
1st Street Home Decor - Kampala, Uganda
Boda Boda Restaurant Bar and Night Club - Kampala, Uganda
Diamond Trust Bank - Kampala, Uganda
Kenya Airways - Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Mozambique
Menongue - Hotel, Cinema and Restaurant - Angola
Golf Course Hotel
Black & Gold Nightclub